Google Small Business Supplier Program
Are you a small Irish Business supplying goods or services? Would you like to have Google as a customer? Well here’s your chance….it’s free (and pretty easy) to apply….
I just attended a fantastic meeting in Google HQ in Dublin on Wednesday (29th March 2017), about the Google Small Business Supplier Diversity Program here in Ireland. Once I heard the details, I just knew that I needed to get the word out to all of you.
Why Would You Want to Join?
In simple terms….you could have Google as a customer 🙂
Google wants to work with diverse businesses and provide you with the tools you need to grow on the web. This means that you will get the following benefits:
- Google Supplier Database inclusion: People use this database to find the goods and services they need.
- Quick Payments: When working with Google, you will be paid within 15 days – no more months long waits for payment while you try to pay your own bills on time.
- Google Ireland Supplier Events: You’ll know about these events before others. These events include things like networking, trainings, and tutorials.
- Accelerate with Google Academy: You will be able to get video content of your own choosing that will help you to increase your online business. Whether you need help with social media, marketing, SEO, or other online help, the academy can help.
- Google AdWords Credit: Get started using Google Adwords and increase your online visibility at a reduced cost. If you spend €25, Google will give you a €75 promotional credit.
- G Suite Discount: Get 25% off G Suite. This productivity suite can help you be more efficient with Google products such as Gmail, Google Docs, Calendar, and more. (*Discount is valid for one year and not available for G Suite Unlimited customers.)
What Does Google Buy?
Of course, if you sell what Google buys, then you will have the opportunity to work with Google. They are looking for:
- Data Center Components
- Professional Services
- Facility Services
- Marketing and PR
- Bandwidth and Comms
- Consumer Products
- Content Licensing
Who is Eligible?
The point of the Google Small Business Supplier Diversity Program is to add diverse suppliers into the Google network. Here are the three things you need to be eligible for the program:
- Your small business is located in Ireland.
- Your annual revenue is €10 million or less.
- You have no more than 50 full-time employees.
The Next Steps
You will need to provide the following:
- Email address
- Supplier name
- Business name
- Supplier type (LTD, DAC, CLG, etc)
- Whether you’ve been a Google supplier in the past, and the PO number if the answer is yes
- The contacts name, phone number, and email
- VAT number
- EIRCODE if available
- Number of employees
- Company’s annual revenue
- What the diversity of your company is
- Company URL
- Product or service description
- Product or service codes
- How you heard about the program
- A copy of your audited accounts from the most recent year sent to their email address with your business name and Ireland Diversity Program in the subject line.
You should hear back within two weeks of providing your application. Then, once approved, you can begin using the tools and taking the training, all while being listed in Google’s supplier database.
I wanted everyone to know of this great opportunity for small businesses in Ireland. Don’t delay. Get started on your application today.